Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro still triggered by sounds, even after update

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
sidartha
Aspirant
Aspirant

As some of you may have experienced, my system is getting alerts\triggers\recording\whatever when the camera picks up sounds, even if the mic and speaker are off, and even if the sound-trigger is disabled.

I thought it'd be good once I got updated to 1.092.0.3_12290 (which was supposed to resolve the issue) but it is still happening. 

I've moved the motion very low to ensure it isnt something with that, but in the triggered videos, you cannot see any movement but can always hear some loud vehicles (delivery trucks, garbage trucks, etc) pulling away.

I have opened a ticket with support for this but wanted to see if anyone has any ideas.

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Have you tried removing and resyncing the camera?
sidartha
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have contacted support and they had me do the below steps, but I still continue to get triggers from loud sounds. Here's a link to one of the videos. You can see there is no movement, but the capture is triggered by the sound of the mail truck. https://arlo.netgear.com/hmsweb/users/library/share/link/9B1F167262BBD946_201705

I'll update here along the way.

FIRST:

Power cycle the Base Stationfor 2 to 3 minutes

While the Base Station is off, remove the battery from the cameras and re insert them once the Base Station is back on and the lights are back to green

Log out and log back 

SECONDLY:

If the issue persists, please follow the steps below:

1. Go to Settings > "My Devices" then select the camera. Press "Remove Device".
2. Re-sync the camera with the base station. Press the Sync button on the Base station once and let go. Third light will flash, you then press the Sync button on the camera, once and then let go.

If the above steps failed to resolve the issue, kindly attach a sample image or video to this case. Provide as well the Serial Number of the affected camera and the Date and Place of purchase.