Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
DC24
Follower
Follower

My cameras are alerting but only sporadically recording?  Any thoughts about why the recordings aren't logging or showing up in the email alerts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Good evening Arlo Family,

Arlo services are now fully restored and back online. Thank you for your patience and again we apologize for any inconvenience. 

@LawnMM - Local recordings will not be impacted by this issue.

@DC24@MSLTX and @ant - To ensure proper delivery of email notifications be sure to add alerts@arlo.com to your email contact list. If you haven't done so already, please also check your junk folder.

Kind Regards,

Christine

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY if you found this helpful.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
KingTitus
Tutor
Tutor

I think Arlo servers were having problems.  I didnt get anything from 158 to 415 today.  Something is messed up.

royboy19
Aspirant
Aspirant

I live in NY and we are having a big storm right now. I'm getting alerts to my mobile saying activity, but I am not getting emails or new videos. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Yes, my email address is verified and alerts are setup. They just all of a sudden stopped around 5pm tonoght.

Thanks

LawnMM
Star
Star

Same, getting lots of motion alerts and no recordings. Not good.

MSLTX
Guide
Guide

Also having the same issue. I hope it is recording to local drive. I see the drive icon lit when motion is detected. I'll check once it's recoding to the cloud again.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Please be advised that we are experiencing intermittent issues with Arlo motion recording services.  As a result, some Customers may not have access to their motion recordings.  Our team is actively working on restoring services as soon as possible.  We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. To stay informed on further updates, please visit the Arlo community. 

LawnMM
Star
Star
James, are they still saving to the base station (USB storage) or are they not recording at all?
ant
Mentor
Mentor

@LawnMMwrote:
James, are they still saving to the base station (USB storage) or are they not recording at all?

I know my Arlo Pro 2 saves to USB flash drive if I disconnect its Internet connection. So, I assume it should still record.

I am also having problems with alerts emails to EarthLink.net addresses. However, I get them on non-EarthLink.net email address. 😕

ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Arlo services are now fully restored and back online. Thank you for your patience and again we apologize for any inconvenience. 

@DC24@MSLTX and @ant - To ensure proper delivery of email notifications be sure to add alerts@arlo.com to your email contact list. If you haven't done so already, please also check your junk folder.

Kind Regards,

Christine

____
ant
Mentor
Mentor

@ChristineTwrote:

Kind Regards,

Christine

Thanks. I found Netgear had to remove the block to alerts@arlo.com from EarthLink. https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo/No-e-mail-notifications-today/m-p/1516883/highlight/false for the details.

ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Thank you for the information and valuable contribution to the Arlo Community @ant!

I'll definitely add this step to my list of troubleshooting steps! 🙂 

Warm Regards,

Christine 

____