Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
fanjieyan
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have used Arlo Pro for a few months. It has been working well until recently. The app keeps showing "This Arlo device is offline" for all three Arlo Pro cameras.

I have tried everything, including resyncing cameras, rebooting the base station, removing the base station from my account and adding it back, etc, for several times. Each time after I did something, it may come back online for a while, then went offline again.

I also noticed batteries drain very fast too, almost 10% a day. I guess it's because these cameras keep trying to sync with base station.

Anyone on the same boat? Is it because of bugs in firmware? I do notice there is new firmware released recently.

Also my devices are still within one year. Will the warranty allow me to return them? It really makes me frustrated.

3 REPLIES 3
Wklovelace3
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Yes we are all on the same boat. The one thats sinking. There have been 3 firmware updates done since may. Too bad none of them are any good. Mine dont go offline but drain battery whether off or on or disarmed. Its the buggy firmware.
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

Sounds like you may have two issues......

1 - Yes the firmware has issues for some people (no one knows if it's 1000 users or a million users). I have no current issues. It appears you're one of the ones being affected by the bugs.

2 - Several months ago after a Arlo database crash, a after that many people had issues with their base station being offline and they couldn't get it back. I read in an article that the problem was that user accounts had become corrupted in the database. Could be your issue with the offline base or it's the firmware. Hard to tell. If it is a corrupted account not sure how you'd get them to fix your account, but maybe try setting up a brand new account and see what happens.

fanjieyan
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for replying.

The very strange thing is, they can come online after I remove the base station and add it back. Or sometimes I don't do anything, but the next morning they came back, although will go offline in a few hours.

So it's more like bugs in firmware or Arlo server, not like database corruption.