Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro - short battery life

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
jeffwmcmillan
Follower
Follower

I have an Arlo pro on my front door and only get ~3 days of battery life. My video setting is "optimized" and I turned audio off completely to see if it helped (it didn't). Record time is 10 seconds. 

I understand that if there is alot of traffic it will shorten the batter life, but not down to three days (from 4 - 6 months). I have two batteries and they both have the same issue. Any suggestions?

BTW Arlo - you need to release an AC powered camera!!!!!!!

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
The Pro camera can be AC powered. Outdoors is an issue for weatherproofing but it's been done.

The bigger issue is the short battery life in the first place. How many total minutes per day of recording and live viewing are you using?
paul1879
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same thing. Lasts about 2 days. Optimized settings. A camera further away does not have the same problem.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Swap the cameras around to see if the issue stays with the camera or the location.

paul1879
Aspirant
Aspirant

Trying that. Support had me start that yesterday.

DaimYar
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have two cameras at my store and there is heavy trafic. The batteries are died after 3 days.
I just changed them 100% and after about 2 hours chargers are showing about 85%
I think at leas they suppose to come with two alternative charger cable so I could leave them plug in all them time.
Also the mounts are not strong and steady on the wall each time we want to plunge the cable we afrade them to fall 😞
Techlore
Apprentice
Apprentice

Draining your batteries in two days is really fast, I'd look into contacting support or changing your settings around to something a little more manageable. 

I don't know your exact situation or setup, but to me it sounds like you might benefti from the solar panel from NETGEAR. You can also get a power adapter(wired solution if it's a better fit).

Button44
Aspirant
Aspirant
Disappointed with battery life. Can I keep it plugged in all the time?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes although it depends on where it is installed.  The outdoor power supply has been pulled so a camera mounted outdoors would be an issue.