Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro refresh speed

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
cmong24
Aspirant
Aspirant

When recording motion on my Arlo Pro wireless cameras, how quick does it refresh?  I have it set for 20 secoonds and after the 20 seconds there is still motion there is a lag and when it records again the subject is already gone.  I know I can add more time but that chews through the batteries.  I was just curious of the "refresh" rate once the 20 seconds is up before it starts recording again..any help would be appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7
gildrush
Apprentice
Apprentice

From my experience its a few seconds

kmiller8821
Luminary
Luminary

I've got my cameras set to record "until motion stops" rather than a fixed length.  The cameras usually rearm fairly quickly but I'm not sure what the exact timeout is.

cmong24
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have not seen a setting for that option..where exactly would I find that?

gildrush
Apprentice
Apprentice

This is a feature in the Arlo Pro cameras. Its in <Modes> then select the <base> then you see the list of Modes. Tap the pencil icon to edit the mode, then you see a list of rules. Again tap the pencil icon to edit the rule. Look for "Record video" again tap the pencil icon, there are two selections for recrding length

cmong24
Aspirant
Aspirant

gildrush, I have tried what you are suggesting and still unable to access the ability to change the record time.  I have tried from the desk top version and Android app version with no luck...does not give me a option other than setting it for a set amonut of time...would like it to record on motion and keep recording until motion is stopped since the refresh rate is so slow it is not catching subjects clearly...make sense? 🙂

gildrush
Apprentice
Apprentice

This feature is exclusive to the Arlo Pro cameras, it is not available in the first generation cameras. Therefor if the "Record until activity stops" option is not shown right above where you set the "Record for a fixed length of time" then you obviously have the first generation cameras.

cmong24
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well that makes sense...wonder if that feature will be made available on the first version cameras at any time.  It would be a great feature to have.  I guess I will have to use longer record times and chew through batteries.Smiley Happy