Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro records very short videos

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hey everyone, all of a sudden my Arlo Pro wont record videos to the length of time its set to. It records 5-30 seconds instead of 60, 90, etc when I set it to record at those times, or any time setting. Ive reset the base station, removed and added the camera and removed and reinstalled the battery already.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Aspirant
Aspirant
I actually got it to work right again, hopefully for good. Reset the router, removed the camera, and ran it on the power cord instead of the battery. I also played with the recording times, but I am almost certain that wasn't part of it.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It may be due to the WiFi connection to the base has changed - interference could cause a dropout of the connection.  Of course, it could also be a bad camera or base.

Try temporarily moving the camera closer to the base to see if it continues and/or swap cameras around to see if it's the camera or position that's the issue.

Aspirant
Aspirant
Well, the connection is good with no interference. I did have the camera within a few feet of the base and it does the same thing. I already had the camera itself replaced. It would be rediculous to me to have to have the base replaced also. It seems like the Netgear support likes throwing replacements at issues rather than diagnose. So, if the base does got swapped, then what after that everytime there is an issue?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
First, you have to decide what the problem is, the camera or base. I'd bet on the camera but the troubleshooting support will have you do is going to be needed to be sure. There's really no way around it.
Aspirant
Aspirant
I actually got it to work right again, hopefully for good. Reset the router, removed the camera, and ran it on the power cord instead of the battery. I also played with the recording times, but I am almost certain that wasn't part of it.