Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
SoonerStacey
Follower
Follower

I'm getting notifications that I have recordings, but my library has nothing. The recordings from the past 10 days are also missing from my library. 

It was all working fine an hour ago. 

63 REPLIES 63
holycow91745
Tutor
Tutor

yup just back online!

DaveWoj
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

everyone needs to calm down

holycow91745
Tutor
Tutor

system is back on

ebatavia
Tutor
Tutor

I am back online about time and all my videos are back too weird just weird !! 

Madmom2017
Aspirant
Aspirant
They are all back up now for me. Anyone else?
weebs
Guide
Guide

wiccawillow wrote:

20 Minute wait on phone, finally spoke to someone that was reading from a PR Note, he was trying to get me to trouble shoot a bunch of bullsh#t steps, re-booting system, blah, blah, blah, buying time. I quickly shut that down, by saying their TECHNICAL ISSUE has gone VIRAL.

I was told they can't tell when it went down NOR, KNOW WHEN IT WILL BE BACK UP.

If anyone gets robbed in the mean time, call your attorney, this is unexceptableas they advertise being a home security system, where is the security.

They have been down all day, going on 24 hours. this is NOT a Hiccup, this is pure stupitiy to not have a back-up server to switch to.

I was told that there cloud is down, to me that means hacked and that their engineering department has been working on it all day. A backup server at a different site to switch to could have helped that.

This system is too expensive to have an issue like this, a CCTV at least has a backup recorder with the cloud and push notification to view for 1/3 the price.

I Guess EBAY may be seeing an increase in Arlo sales.

So any attorneys out there?  This seems very airtight, and scary in some ways...

http://www.netgear.com/about/terms-and-conditions/

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

There was a temporary limitation displaying thumbnails and videos the Arlo library. This issue has been resolved. Please contact customer support if you have any questions.  Thank you!

JamesC

joelb79
Aspirant
Aspirant

This has happened ... again. I'm new to arlo; but I keep seeming to have alerts of recordings and then when I try to view them I get logged out. Logging back in I see no recordings.. None. I walk outside, make a new one. It appears. Why did I just loose two weeks again on June 16th? This is getting old old old quick and I've not even had it for a month yet... BOY OH BOY I WANT TO TAKE IT BACK!

This only affects the wireless version. The Arlo-Q keeps chugging along without any glitches and is not creating a WIFI issue in my home because it links up to my actual 5ghz and is not stuck trying to compete with the now two 2.4ghz networks in my home which also compete with several others my neighors have. I have at least 3 other AP's other than my home at any given time on 1,6,and 11, and one guy always sets his to 40hz on channel 9... So the Arlo Pro system is incredibly slow compared to that camera.

BatDad
Tutor
Tutor
Glad you replied. I swear I had alert from 2:40 AM but out of habit deleted my deleted emails while half awake. Usually a cat or something... but had no recordings. Had package delivered and other videos work fine all day my history is still there from the week. Not sure if it was a repeat issue or not now.
ravenlp
Star
Star

I've also been noticing this recently. In fact, it just happened 10 minutes ago. I received 3 audio alert notifications for one of my cameras, none of which resulted in videos in my library. Then my there was a (legit) motion detection which did result in a video. I tried contacting support via chat for this issue, but it was very difficult to triage as this doesn't happen all the time. And as others have stated, when TRYING to reproduce, it actually does record video. This seems to me like we're just getting false push notifications, but it may actually be that there was a legit trigger that resulted in a video not being recorded.

joelb79
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had legit videos, packages being delivered; wife taking the package off the porch. Gone. I know these happened, I saw them. I was actually suprised when it said 0 videos because the number was 23 before I was logged out.. And it always seems to happen when I am logged out of the app which happens frequently too. 

Plus why am I plugging a USB drive in when it seems to offer nothing for saving these videos..

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

joelb79,

Were the videos older than 7 days? If you have the free Basic plan, all videos older than 7 days will automatically be deleted. We recommend you download and store locally any videos you wish to keep for later use.

For USB storage, take a look here for steps on how to set up: How do I set up local storage backups on a USB device using my Arlo Pro base station?

JamesC

mcmu12
Luminary
Luminary

As i've mentioned on 2 other strings, my videos are not showing up until hours later.   I get a beep and it shows there is a video in Library, but there is nothing there.  This is worthless if i'm in bed at night and can't see what triggered the cameras - was it a moth?  or was it someone lurking around my house?   Please address the other strings also - same problem among many people and iPhones, Androids, etc.  And we've all re-started the base, etc.   I have had these cameras for almost 2 years and this just started in May.  I will post about the unreliability of these cameras on Home Depot, Amazon and Best Buy reviews.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

mcmu12,

A cloud update has been deployed that should resolve this issue. Please let me know if you continue experiencing delayed content.

JamesC