Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro not working after 5 days...

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Pretzelwagon
Aspirant
Aspirant
I bought the Arlo Pro set with a base and 2 cameras on Wednesday of last week. Was able to set the whole rig up in about 45 minutes, and bought some of the netgear camera mounts on amazon to get the cameras exactly where I wanted them. While they worked for the first 5 days, we loved them--the app is great, and have been impressed with the motion detection.

Fast forward 5 days, both cameras were working this morning, and I checked the app over dinner and it said our front camera was offline. Only thought to me was the battery may have depleted quickly, so pulled the camera down and plugged it in & tried to resync. Still couldn't get it to work, so called the Netgear customer service line. After sitting on hold for 30 minutes, she had me run through tests such as pulling the battery out, and plugging in the charger. Still no luck in getting it to sync or even show signs of life.

She confirmed it was toast, and laid out the options for replacement... all of which involve me paying for shipping. After dropping $430 last week on the system, that left a pretty sour taste in my mouth--does that seem unreasonable to anyone else? At this point I'm inclined to take the whole thing back to the store and not mess with it.
4 REPLIES 4
steve_t
Master Master
Master

How about taking the whole system back to the store and getting it exchanged for another one?

Pretzelwagon
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes, I'll be returning it to the store, and likely not messing with exchanging. Loved the camera while it worked, but the product not working after 5 days is concerning, and the phone support was less than pleasant.
Rnrpn
Guide
Guide

Similar issue mt arlo pro worked for 5 days then day before a camera went offline then in the morning the base had no power, and support was unhelpful! Since I live in Australia and bought it from the USA they told me to return it?? I'm in Australia how do I take it back? Support keeps telling me to return and now not responding to my messages! They said they will send me a new adapter the hung up on me!! 

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Rnrpn wrote:

Similar issue mt arlo pro worked for 5 days then day before a camera went offline then in the morning the base had no power, and support was unhelpful! Since I live in Australia and bought it from the USA they told me to return it?? I'm in Australia how do I take it back? Support keeps telling me to return and now not responding to my messages! They said they will send me a new adapter the hung up on me!! 

This is the risk we take (known risk) when we buy tech from overseas. We'll be getting Arlo Pro in our part of the world on April 12th (supposedly) so perhaps you could try after that. Otherwise, try getting a Netgear power adapter or a 3rd party power adapter with the same specs