Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Daleke
Aspirant
Aspirant

Upon instaling Arlo Pro I find it does not detect or send me an alert all the time when the is motion.  I have tested this by walking around the area it is monitoring. It did not sense motion on some of the times I walked across the path of the camera. Nor does it record.  

Is there a specific range the motion has to be with in before it senses it?

Why does it only record 10 seconds of movememtn motion?

If you are alerted thru your iPhone and you have your phone set to do not distrub during certain time frames,can you change that so you hear the alert ?

8 REPLIES 8
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Daleke,

Have you played with the motion sensitivity slider?

Each camera will have a slider where you can adjust how sensitive the camera is to motion. That, coupled with the motion detection testing, should help you out. I'm not sure if you've played with those already.

Good luck,

Dave

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Daleke wrote:

Upon instaling Arlo Pro I find it does not detect or send me an alert all the time when the is motion.  I have tested this by walking around the area it is monitoring. It did not sense motion on some of the times I walked across the path of the camera. Nor does it record.  

Is there a specific range the motion has to be with in before it senses it?

Why does it only record 10 seconds of movememtn motion?

If you are alerted thru your iPhone and you have your phone set to do not distrub during certain time frames,can you change that so you hear the alert ?

Motion detection works best within ~15 feet of the cameras, moving across the FOV, starting at or near an edge.  Motion directly towards the camera is difficult for a PIR to detect.

As for the recording duration, use the Mode tab, click on your base and edit your modes (Armed by default). It's strongly recommended to create your own custom modes instead of mucking about the Armed mode so that Armed is available for testing purposes and you learn about modes and rules. If you create a new mode, set up one camera rule and Save.  Then reedit that new mode and add additional rules for your cameras.

The phone's Do Not Disturb will override the app notifications.

Daleke
Aspirant
Aspirant

Where do I find the slder ?

Daleke
Aspirant
Aspirant

HOw Do I create My own custom Mode.  And in doing so will it allow a longer recrding time?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

yes...search is your friend...read this;

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Knowledge-Base/How-do-I-create-a-mode-for-my-Arlo-Pro-Wire-Fre...

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Daleke
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thankf ro your Help Dave

Daleke
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your help

Daleke