Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro not recording or sending notifications

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
GoneD
Star
Star

Hi,

Tonight i try to test my camera if is detect movement.

I put my mode to ARMED, and try to detect me...nothing, i see in the APP an yellow detection icon...but no record...no notification.

I have an Arlo Pro (4 cameras) with VMB4000 Base station.

I have try to remove camera / reset base station to reconfigure all my cameras....but...now..is not possible to add my camera....base station is ok in my account but when i try to add camera i push the sync button blink and fast blink but NOTHING...my cameras is not in my ARLO account....

I need help....lol thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GoneD
Star
Star

Ok i have found the problem.

I use DNS over SSL (DoT) and the base station not accept this...i have exclude the base station to use directly favorite DNS like Google.

Thanks for support

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@GoneD wrote:

I have try to remove camera / reset base station to reconfigure all my cameras....but...now..is not possible to add my camera....base station is ok in my account but when i try to add camera i push the sync button blink and fast blink but NOTHING...my cameras is not in my ARLO account....

Perhaps try this from the web client (https://my.arlo.com).

If that fails, contact support: https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

GoneD
Star
Star

Ok after some test....

The problem is from my wifi router....and 2.4 Ghz channel interference....

Why the base station is choose the same channel....is very weird..and no good idea to do that....

What is the best solution ???? i want to sell my Arlo Pro....is very bad from Arlo/Netgear this technical solution to choose same channel...

GoneD
Star
Star

Ok i have found the problem.

I use DNS over SSL (DoT) and the base station not accept this...i have exclude the base station to use directly favorite DNS like Google.

Thanks for support