Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
fishfam
Follower
Follower

Hi there,

I was testing my Arlo Pro record capabilities where I had my daughter downstairs (with camera) and myself upstairs accessing the camera from my computer. 

I manually kicked off recording and began a two-way conversation with my daughter (me talking through the computer while accessing the camera) and my daughter on the actual camera talking to me. 

When I played back the recording, I could see/hear everything on the camera's end, however, I couldn't hear the audio from when I was speaking through the computer. Seems as though all audio is muted when I'm speaking (all portions of the video where I manually click the microphone (in the UI) in order to speak to my daughter holding the camera). 

Is there any way to record the entire 2 way conversation, including audio from my computer and audio from the camera?  

I read another thread (similar situation) and the response was this is by design. If this is the case, can you explain why the camera doesn't allow 2-way fully recorded audio/video?  

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

You are correct, when the video recording is played back it is only the far side ( camera ) audio is recorded , not the sender (computer / phone )

Can't explain why it only 1way recording of audio.... just that it is that way and at this time can't be changed

Send a messg to Netgear Support re the issue at   https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
webb_chris
Tutor
Tutor
2 Way audio recording should be an allowed feature! To intentionally mute broadcasted audio does not make sense.

Ring and other competitors all have this feature and it works well..

Please include this feature!!!
amwpurdue
Initiate
Initiate

I agree! I just found out that my Arlo Pro does not do this! I really need this functionality, can this please be added in a firmware update?? We have a trespasser and the police said we need a recording of us warning the trespasser that he cannot be on our property for them to do anything, but the Arlo won't record my warning, please help!