Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro not charging after update & getting message saying "us an approved device for charging"

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
curious2me
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a 4 system Arlo pro. I only used 1 camera basically to charge all batteries until I was able to save money to get a charger. I noticed maybe a month ago ,I had a message come up something like "use an approved device for charging' I bit puzzled because I don't have or use any other charging plug/cable or device but the Arlo pro camera its self. anyway, that eventually stopped and let me charge . but it happened again and its totally not allowing charging. everything with that camera works(except to let it charge) cable/plug are fine too. its just the camera when used as charging a battery. this shouldn't have happened. how can this be fixed. thank you

6 REPLIES 6
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you using the original ac adapter and cable?

A normal USB charger will not charge the battery.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
curious2me
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have always used the original plug and cable that came with the system. thank you

curious2me
Aspirant
Aspirant

ive used this camera and original plug and cable to charge batteries for all. this camera that is no longer allowing me to charge works as a camera only now(it just does allow charging anymore) ,the  cable and plug work because ive now have to use another camera to charge batteries. . it sent a messg that it was not correct equipment(i dont recall the exact wording)but it is original cable/plug, same as what came with it and used for many months and charges. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It may be a damaged connector or a bad camera. Open a case with support:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

curious2me
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you but camera works and connector? cable and plug work. it just this one camera that doesnt let me charge any longer after an update it said to use the compatble charger. which i dont have or use anything but what came with it ,so this message i should never should have got, unless arlo is trying to make me buy a charger and not use a camera to charge. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Or it's a hardware issue which REQUIRES you to open that case so your warranty can be utilized.