Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro not Charging

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
dnguyen1393
Follower
Follower

Currently the arlo pro will not charge even with the Official Cable provided with Arlo Pro cameras. I am getting "The charging source connected to the camera cannot charge your batter. Please use the power adapter designed for your camera."

I have been doing so and am still unable to charge. I have tried unplugging and plugging the batter back in. I have tried switching the batters for each of the Arlo and then attempting to charge. I have tried Using different cables in attempt to see if it was just the 'brand new' cable that was not working.

Currently, I need these items t o charge, as they should be able to. Is this a hardware defect? If so then it affected Two seperate Arlo Pro cameras and two seperate batteries and 1 simple cable and adapter.

Please let me know if there are workaround or possible steps i can take that i have not mentioned above.

3 REPLIES 3
MacBreez
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had the same problem with charging my Arlo Pro 2 front door camera. Turns out the cable supplied in the box doesn't charged either of the two cameras. I had to use the micro USB charger from my Playstation 4 controller to get the batteries to charge. Sad right?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You're surprised that cheap commodity items sometimes fail?  🙂  Everything has a 1 year warranty so if you want, contact support for a replacement:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx