Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro no audio to camera from iphone, but works from laptop

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
sspring92
Star
Star

The audio on my arlo pro has always been terrible.  I can hear the audio on my phone just find.  But the audio from the camera was alway very quiet.  Now, it is non existant.  Volume is set to 100%.  It does however work fine from my laptop.  I am running ios 11.3.  I have uninstalled and re installed and powered the phone off and back on.  Still nothing.  Really doesn't do me anygood when I'm away from home, or even at home, if I have to run and open my laptop in order to communicate with someone through the camera.  Has anyone been able to fix this problem?

6 REPLIES 6
Arlo123
Tutor
Tutor

What's the ios version of your iPhone and the Arlo app version? Because there is a know issue for arlo right now where in speaker of the cameras are not working when using ios phones that has 11.3 ioo version.

sspring92
Star
Star
I am running 11.3. Just reinstalled Arlo app so it should be most recent. Hopefully they are working on this issue!
Freqdrive
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same problem. If I turn the speaker on the camera off and back on again, it sometimes would work. Now, it will not work at all. None of the 3 cameras on my system.

Weird.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

We apologize for the frustration/inconvenience this has caused. The engineering team is working hard toward a resolution for this issue. I do not currently have an ETA for a fix but will provide any new information I receive as soon as possible.

JamesC

sspring92
Star
Star
Thank you for responding. I appreciate the info!
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

An update for the Arlo iOS mobile app has been released that addresses the issue with the push to talk feature. Please make sure you have the latest version of the Arlo mobile app downloaded and installed from the iOS app store.

Release Notes - iOS App 2.5.0 - 13th May 2018

If you continue to experience this issue. Please let us know.

JamesC