Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Fy27
Star
Star

One of my arlo Pro camera is mounted on. A wall that is painted an off white color. Does this effect the IR night vision where it reflects off the light color wall and causing it to drown out the rest of the area? The pic is how it looks. Is this normal and any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Totally missed the attachments - sorry.

It's obvious now that I've seen them that the wall is causing the issue. If we had manual control of the exposure we could work with it but we don't so...

Minimize or eliminate the close-by wall from the view and things will look MUCH better.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Fy27
Star
Star
Attaching a picture from another camera that is mounted in the same way but against a dark color wall. The night vision doesn't seem as bad in this one.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It appears that you didn't actually attach any pictures - nothing is showing.

Light reflecting from any nearby object will affect the camera exposure just as it does with any other camera on automatic exposure.  The camera sees the brightness and dials down the exposure.  Minimize the amount of unwanted/unneeded wall or other object and the exposure will be much better.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Fy27 wrote:
One of my arlo Pro camera is mounted on. A wall that is painted an off white color. Does this effect the IR night vision where it reflects off the light color wall and causing it to drown out the rest of the area? The pic is how it looks. Is this normal and any suggestions?

yes it can... aim so little of the side wall is in view

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Fy27
Star
Star
Thank you... Not sure if you saw the picture. I see it as an attachment. I will try pointing the camera out more so it does not reflect as much against the wall. Will test out the image tonight and update. Thanks again.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Totally missed the attachments - sorry.

It's obvious now that I've seen them that the wall is causing the issue. If we had manual control of the exposure we could work with it but we don't so...

Minimize or eliminate the close-by wall from the view and things will look MUCH better.

Fy27
Star
Star

I moved the camera to point away from the wall as much as possible and the night image is now much better.  Thank you both for your help.