Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
garyh526
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having issues with one of my cameras. When it is armed to record for motion, it will work properly the first time. Then, it won't stop, even when there is no motion. I have to turn it off. Is anyone else having this problem? I have adjusted the sensor down to about nothing and it still does it. Thoughts?

15 REPLIES 15
mbauer
Apprentice
Apprentice
Do you have sound detection enabled?
garyh526
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've tried it with and without.

mbauer
Apprentice
Apprentice
Try to go into the rules and disable motion detection, save, and then enable motion detection again. I had this exact same issue with one of my Arlo Pro cameras and thankfully this worked for me.
mbauer
Apprentice
Apprentice
I would definitely contact support if that does not resolve your issue. It could be a hardware problem with the camera.
garyh526
Aspirant
Aspirant

This does work for me as well, but unfortunately as soon as it legitimately goes off for motion detection again, it keeps repeating. Just a pain 🙂

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

garyh526,

Is this happening only at Night or does this happen regardless of the time of day?

JamesC

garyh526
Aspirant
Aspirant

That's a good question. Haven't thought about it. I guess I would say mostly evenings and night.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The engineering team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as a solution is confirmed. 

We appreciate your patience in this process.

JamesC

garyh526
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you so much. Would be nice not to have to constantly reset it! 🙂

Dugsin
Initiate
Initiate

My arlo pro is doing the same thing. All the reasons I bought the camera for have been turned off and rain seems to set off the motion and runs until the schedule turns it off or the battery dies. Please fix! BTW new camera old base.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you opened a case with support?

garyh526
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I have.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Engineering has an experimental firmware release that we hope will resolve the Night Vision false recording issue being reported. I am reaching out to you to offer adding your Arlo account to the field trial list which will allow your system to update automatically to this firmware prior to general availability.

Please return in a private message the email address you use for your Arlo account if you wish to participate in the field trial release.

JamesC

Joshp
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have this same problem but mine works fine at night. But once the sun rises the arlo camera continuously detects motion every minute till the sun sets. I also have 2 additional cameras that are arlo pro's that i have been swapping around they work just fine so I know it's not because of the location of the arlo camera that is causing the motion recording problem
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Opening a case with support is the only way to resolve a hardware issue.