Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro motion detection improvement?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
duckson
Apprentice
Apprentice
With the move to digital rather than analog is it anticipated that the detection of a person will be improved when the subject is coming towards the camera or moving around the upper centre of the view?
My Arlo setup seems to work well with movement across the field of vision but in the above examples it's a bit more hit and miss.
5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Netgear has stated the detection has improved.... time will tell how much when there are more out there.

I have no doubt with all the complaints that the detection will be at least 100% better since they did a hardware revision.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
duckson
Apprentice
Apprentice
Well let's just wait and see I guess, I'll get a camera to test that's for sure. Wonder when Amazon UK will start listing them and the if the UK release date is also 27th Oct.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The PIR system was re-worked, there are now TWO PIRs in the Pro Cams to enhance motion detect.

Morse is faster than texting!
FortyCaliber
Tutor
Tutor

How come Arlo doesn't just use a visual system like the nest outdoor cam does... and a zone setting like that same brand?  It has zero distance limitations save for the pixel resolution of the sensor; basically as far as the camera can see as long as the object is renderable on a pixel.

TheBigGExpress
Apprentice
Apprentice

FortyCaliber wrote:

How come Arlo doesn't just use a visual system like the nest outdoor cam does... and a zone setting like that same brand?  It has zero distance limitations save for the pixel resolution of the sensor; basically as far as the camera can see as long as the object is renderable on a pixel.

That would require the camera to be always on, which would quickly deplete battery.