Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro missing parts from sealed box

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
kresslb
Aspirant
Aspirant

I purchased a new Arlo Pro  (serial # 4R026B7DA181C) from Best Buy in Monroe NY store, I did not set it up until last night (12/11/2016), I followed the instructions and the installation was very good, have it set on my iPhone, lap top and office computer. The only problem I have is that there is no magnetic wall mounts and mounting screws in the box, the box was completely sealed. I contacted Best Buy and they told me I had to bring the complete contents back and they would exchange it, I seriously dont want to have to go through resetting a new system up, is there any way to get the wall mount and screws mailed to me as it is needed. Thank you

Robert

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Contact support using the Contact Support link at the bottom of the desktop version of these pages.

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx
kresslb
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well I found a phone number for Support 408-638-3750, I explained my problem to a very nice lady and she contacted her Supervisor for direction, the company wants me to return the complete unit to Best Buy. I explained that it was something that Arlo-Netgear did, not add all the parts to the sealed container and that after me setting up the camera to my three units I now have to return the entire unit and start all over again, can not understand why the company can not mail me the parts that belong with the package. This tells me that Arlo-Netgear does not support what they sell and when I return it I will purchase a different unit by a different company. If this was my fault I could understand but this is their problem, how many other packages are out there missing parts. A real shame because it was a good picture I received my units but no way to mount it, Just lost a customer who spent good money.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

You would rather go with a different brand than exchange an entire box set for a replacement? Uhhh... I think you'll find that's how pretty much all company's returns policies work.

OK. Best wishes for your new system

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

kresslb,

I have reviewed your case and would like to assist with this issue. I will reach out to you in a private message with additional information.

JamesC

jcwrks
Luminary
Luminary

It's a real shame that Netgear (phone support) won't send out the missing mag mounts that probably cost them a few dollars to make. It's not like you're missing an entire camera.Man Wink In any event you can buy the mounts for $15 @ Amazon which IMO is cheaper than your time & gas to return the kit. Then again it may be the principle of the issue more than the cost.

Hopefully JamesC will get you squared away.