Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro low battery warnings in the app and on web page when battery is not low

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
scirdan
Star
Star

Hello,

I have been seeing a strange issue for a few weeks with my arlo pro cameras, and I am not sure if there is anything I can do..

I have 2 arlo pro cameras,  they have been working for a couple of years with no issues. I really havent had any battery problems since I purchased them..  Recently, though, when i launch the app and i browse the main  device screen, the arlo pro cameras have the "Charge Battery" overlay for a few seconds, but it eventually goes away. The batteries are not low on either of the arlo pro cameras, not even close (50+%). It also disappears and the cameras both work normally, no issues at all..

The weird part is that, when i visit the arlo web page on my laptop to view the same data, both of the arlo pro cameras have the "Charge Battery" overlay, and it never goes away, and I cant view those cameras because they are listed as "too low", but they definitely are NOT...

I have tried removing the cameras and re-adding them back, but the issue comes right back.

Is this something that anybody else has seen and has anybody been able to resolve?

3 REPLIES 3
Dannybear
Master
Master

I would stick to using the mobile app if working.

The arlo web portal has been broken for me also for many months so I am not sure where arlo is at with a fix or why some have been impacted and not others which is arlo’s usual response.

l00ker
Aspirant
Aspirant

The battery issue happens for us on the website AND when using the app. I charged cameras overnight last night; got a full reading, and then a moment later it says battery is at 20%. ??? There are other issues too - yesterday a police officer visited our property and one Arlo Pro cam captured him walking up to the house, but then... nothing. It was a <15 second clip, although our settings are supposed to continue recording for longer than that; I did not change settings so I have no idea what is up with that. Also: no push notification, and no followup recording, so I have no idea if the officer knocked, walked around to check the property, or anything else. No video of him driving up or driving away either. Arlo's customer support is completely non-existent. It is incredibly frustrating. Telling customers to check the forums for help is a strategy that is absolutely backfiring for them too, because the forums are full of complaints, not solutions. What a way to tick off customers and run a company into the ground! 😡

Dannybear
Master
Master

I have seen similar reports that the android app version is behaving in a similar way to the web portal, not sure why it would unless they are both using web scripting to manage the camera functionality in the clients browser. 

My iPhone has been consistent with the camera battery reporting so far, hopefully it will continue.

Your additional motion detection issue I think is a separate problem not related, although frustrating I imagine. You could duplicate the intrusion to test if the issue is repeatable.

I don’t know why arlo has not made progress nor why they appear to ignore users. Maybe an internal power struggle going on, not ideal for customers being collateral fodder.