Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro - location services not available on iPhone

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
akburkhart
Follower
Follower

Tying to setup geofence rule with shared user on two accounts.  App works fine on primary device/iphone.  Second iphone does not list arlo app as a choice to enable under location services ... hence cannot enable location services.  I've uninstalled the app and reinstalled.  I've unshared the account and reshared.  Second iPhone does not list arlo app to give me a choice to enable location services from services>privacy>location services.

4 REPLIES 4
GTunney
Apprentice
Apprentice
Having th exact same issue on my partners phone. She changed from iPhone 6s to iPhone 8 and the issue appeared. No location services for Arlo
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A new Arlo mobile app version for iOS was recently released. Do you have the latest version?

Release Notes

JamesC

TNT007
Aspirant
Aspirant
Also have the same issue and have the latest app version 2.4.5 - cannot see Arlo under the location services
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

TNT007,

Some users have had issues with Geofencing due to special characters in the iOS devices name. Try renaming your iOS device to something without special characters and then try setting up Geofencing again. (example: JamesC'S iPhone -> JamesCiPhone)

JamesC