Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
maqs
Star
Star

Hi!

I have been using Arlo over a year now and like it a lot.

I just upgraded to a Arlo Pro base station with 2 Pro cameras.

Everything works fine exept that the videos saved to the local storage USB are corrupt. They are there but they look really crappy (you cant tell whats there, but you can hear the sound. On the cloud it works. I also have 3 old cameras, and that videos are just fine? Both on cloud and USB.

I tried to rename the cameras, reinstalled base station, two different USB. But i can´t solve it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Have you tried VLC on both the computer and the mobile device?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
I suspect it's the software you're viewing with. The free VLC is known to work well.
maqs
Star
Star

Forgot to mention. I view it in both Quicktime and VLC. Unfortanatly it looks the same.

I also tried to turn off the sound on the pro cameras.

maqs
Star
Star

But there is one thing i thought about. I live in Sweden and we have special chars "å, ä, ö". Both pro cameras had this chars in there name, but none of the older cameras. But i changed the names and reinstalled everything so it didnt seem to be the problem. None of the files had that chars in them anyway...

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Have you tried VLC on both the computer and the mobile device?
maqs
Star
Star

Thank you. I hadent tried that. I sent one video to my mobile and it worked in VLC. But it did bother me that it didn´t work on VLC on my computer. So i thought that i might had an update. And i had, and after that it worked on the computer as well. 🙂

Thank´s for ur help!