Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

lpmom
Follower
Follower

There are no recordings in my lib rary anymore. Camera profiles show there are recordings but the library has no recordings.

422 REPLIES 422
MG1287
Initiate
Initiate

I suppose I'll throw my hat in the ring.  I just purchased an additional camera to add to my Arlo Pro: 2 camera system.  Wanted a third, but upon set up, realized that the lag problem is really bad.  My other cameras from time to time would "skip" but usually stay around 3-8 second delay.  This one starts at a 2 second delay, and works its way up to 45 seconds after 10 minutes or so with the live stream video getting "stuck" during periods of movement causing the increased lag time.  I know its a slightly newer version camera, but the firmware is the same as my old ones, and they are all the 720p Arlo pro camera. 

Still looking for an answer before I return this thing and get my money back. 

M_Mae
Tutor
Tutor

I don't think it has anything to do with the model or brand of the mobile. I tried using the same mobile for the 2 way audio on Ring Doorbell 2 and the sound was loud and clear. I'll try and see if I could get hold of another mobile device and try again. Will keep you posted. Have you tried the 2 way audio? Is that loud for anyone who is standing at the door to hear? 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@MG1287

Have you tried to remove the camera from Settings > My Devices >  Re-add it & test the live view again.

PeterSierra
Star
Star
I did better than that. I put a brand new camera in place and it does the same thing.
Standing in front of the camera I walk away. 40 seconds later the app showed me walking away.
My Arlo camera has less than a second delay.
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

I just I just tried both my 2017 MacBook Pro using Safari and my iPhone XS.  I tested both the lag and volume of two Arlo Pro 2 cameras.  One is plugged into the wall and one is on battery only.  

The audio volume seems normal (never impressive) and consistent between both client choices.  No difference between my laptop and mobile device.  The audio and video lag on the powered camera (which is closer to the base)  is 1 second.  I only tested for perhaps 10 or 15 seconds, but the lag was consistent.  The lag on my battery only camera was closer to 2 seconds and was also consistent over a short duration test.

I have Xfinity broadband with about 200MB down and 12MB up (best case), but that is variable as I move around my house on wireless.    Also, I use an older DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem and two Apple WiFi (AC) routers (Time Capsule and AirPort Extreme).  

jroy
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have just swapped in a new Arlo Pro base station in place of my original arlo base station. I am running two original Arlo cameras and two Arlo Pro cameras.

My upstream is 1Mbps

The lag is super bad on the Arlo Pro cameras but it works without any issue on the original Arlo cameras no matter what quality level I am looking it.

Original Arlo cameras:

- take up about 950kbps for best quality

- take up about 650kbps for medium quality

Arlo Pro cameras:

- take up ALL the bandwidth for all the quality levels whether I have audio on or off. 

I am wondering if they introduced a bug whereby the quality is not taken into consideration for streaming. Alternatively, maybe the encoder settings were changed on the cameras and somehow they use a lot more bitrate. 

I have to say there is zero reason why the Arlo Pro with its 720p resolution like the original camera would need to take up more upstream badwidth. I get better quality out of the original cameras at less bandwidth. Is this a joke? 😐 

I wanted to add...

Base Station: VMB4000r3

Firmware: 1.12.0.1_27940

Arlo Pro cameras (two of these connected):

Hardware: H11

Firmware: 1.092.0.19_26228

Original Arlo Cams (two of these connected):

Hardware: H7

Firmware: 1.3.314

PeterSierra
Star
Star
Yesterday I noticed my upload speed was much better than usual, for whatever reason, so I tested my lag.
25 seconds for Arlo Pro.
Less than 1 second on Arlo.
Support says that they are working with engineering on the issues but they also act as if I’m the only one with the problem.
MG1287
Initiate
Initiate

@MG1287 wrote:

I suppose I'll throw my hat in the ring.  I just purchased an additional camera to add to my Arlo Pro: 2 camera system.  Wanted a third, but upon set up, realized that the lag problem is really bad.  My other cameras from time to time would "skip" but usually stay around 3-8 second delay.  This one starts at a 2 second delay, and works its way up to 45 seconds after 10 minutes or so with the live stream video getting "stuck" during periods of movement causing the increased lag time.  I know its a slightly newer version camera, but the firmware is the same as my old ones, and they are all the 720p Arlo pro camera. 

My Problem Solved:

Super strange, but it took me literally changing the orientation and position of my Arlo Base.  I have no idea if it was passing through something in the house that was creating interference.  But now all of my cameras are a consistent 1-3 second delay.  I'll report back if a new problem shows itself, but for now.... moving the Arlo Base around like a rabbit ear antennae was my resolution.

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@MG1287 wrote:

@MG1287 wrote:

My Problem Solved:

Super strange, but it took me literally changing the orientation and position of my Arlo Base.  I have no idea if it was passing through something in the house that was creating interference.  But now all of my cameras are a consistent 1-3 second delay.  I'll report back if a new problem shows itself, but for now.... moving the Arlo Base around like a rabbit ear antennae was my resolution.

I have seen the base location make a huge difference in battery life also.  Especially the position and proximity relative to the router (Wireless Access Point more precisely).

adocorp
Apprentice
Apprentice

Live view does lag now. A year ago, these cameras were perfect.. NOW.. issues all the time after becoming a public company. I would not trust my home or business with these Arlo cameras anymore if they dont get their act together. I have 8 cameras and live feed on random cameras will just spin for over a minute. How can trust our families and business using Arlo now a days?

Btw, Ring is looking much better now a days. Good service, good product and good pricing.

Etruscan1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have all my cameras optimized, but the speed is so excruciatingly slow that the cameras are useless to us.  I agree with the original poster.  SOMETHING has to be done

Theanalyst
Tutor
Tutor

Same old bull from Netgear. Mine was working fine early last year and it just started lagging one day. The lag now is close to 1 minute which makes it useless. Spoke to Netgear a few times, they said it was my fault for not having a fast enough connection. When it was working perfectly before. 

Ericleong
Aspirant
Aspirant

I from singapore been use 2yrs i agreed is suck arlo pro i been having speed of 1GB fible in singapore video also n audio lagging also. i already give up

jroy
Aspirant
Aspirant
We are talking about a few different issues. Anything that’s fixed by moving the base station around is not the issue of lag we are talking about. It’s an issue with the cameras lagging in life feed regardless of camera positioning, or proximity to the base station. Believe me, I’ve tried placing the cameras right next to the base and still the same issue.

Netgear seem to be incompetent enough
1. Not to be able to diagnose the issue
2. Not being able to trace back what change could have resulted in this around May 2018 as many were reporting.

Are thet incompetent or just plain don’t care? Would be good to hear from them if possible! 😕
Ericleong
Aspirant
Aspirant

network speed no problem all is arlo fault i heard the new 4k also same issus. suggest sell off or throw away. No point calling them spoken to them in english u wont understand.

adocorp
Apprentice
Apprentice

Why would anyone use the new 4k Arlo if our Arlo pro which is 720p lags like hell?

adocorp
Apprentice
Apprentice
Live view again so delayed.. garbage.
PeterSierra
Star
Star
I’m still working with Tier 2 support.
For some reason they act as if I’m the only one with the problem.
Last week they had me change the video quality to “longest battery life” which did nothing.
I report back snd then hear nothing.
We need more people to speak up to make the message louder.
I might end up buying another system (from another manufacturer) to prove that it’s Arlo’s fault and then start demanding a refund.
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

It sure would be nice if Arlo assigned a SWAT team to work with people who are experiencing this lag to get to the bottom of it.

I have never experienced a lag of more than a couple of seconds at any of my four locations...even my LTE router which functions as an Arlo base has never done that.

PeterSierra
Star
Star
I don’t know what they did but my cameras are working again!
It has been over a year. I was in another country, earlier this week, with very weak internet connection and I logged into my system and it actually worked. I thought it might be some international quirk but I’m back now and they seem to be working like they used to.
I do notice that there were a couple of new features in setup. Which tell me that they made some significant changes. As long as it works.
Thank you for the community support.
Arlouser0611201
Aspirant
Aspirant
What a waste of time and money. Arlo is 20ft from the wifi router and is the ONLY device that has any issue. Camera drops signal constantly. Impossible to maintain connection for more than an hour at a time. Doesn’t matter what device. Have rebooted, reset, resynced. Tried different modem. Reverting to the cheap and cheerful Uniden cam that has never failed.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Arlouser0611201

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

Apprentice
Apprentice

Has the recording lag worsened for anyone else? I have a cam facing the street where it seems the recording lag has worsened. I've make no changes to the settings not moved the cam I'm any way. Yet it seems my cam is no longer capturing every vehicle driving ast it. I'm sure nothing is triggering recording but on playback I only hear the car has it's passed the field of vision. I'm wondering if any recent firmware chance is causing this? Cam seems unrealible now whereas in the past it captured every vehicle.

Does weather have an impact? I don't recall it being a factor in the past. Thanks.

Apprentice
Apprentice

I checked back on my library and on 7/21 the cam ran fine as it has for more than a year. Suddenly now the lag is increased where I know a car has passed by but not recorded.

RaccoonCam
Guide
Guide

I'd say yes, judging from this video.  These raccoons had to cross the patio to get where they are; but only the last bits were recorded...

I guess the video won't upload...