Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Scakiemolz
Follower
Follower

I am looking at buying a VMS 4430 and VMS 4230 Arlo Pro System in Canada, but would like to use it for security at my holiday home in South Africa. I would like to know if this will be possible, using the system in a different country

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes, it's possible.  Where you use them is immaterial.  However, if you want to subscibe to a plan for more cameras and/or more storage time, you need to do this in a country that has Arlo support for that plan and use a credit card from that same country.  So, if SA doesn't have plans available, set the whole thing up in Canada, including upgrading any plans, and then transport the system to SA.

b1500
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have a system in SA and one of my cameras that is less than 12months old is giving a red tint(infra-red) problem. I bought this while in Austria. Netgear does not allow me to swop the camera in SA. They say I need to send it back to Austria. So is it worth it taking the whole system from Canada to SA? What If a camera gives problems. Does it have to go back to Canada?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Sounds like it. To get warranty work done on most items requires you to use the warranty in the country where purchased/registered.