Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro image quality

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ghost_zl1
Tutor
Tutor

Below are two images I took of my driveway. The Arlo base station is in the kitchen which directly adjacent to the garage.  Image quality is set to highest, latest firmware applied to all devices and everything is fully charged.

First image is Arlo camera and the second is a reduced image from my phone.  While I don't expect to be able to get 10MP quality photos, I can not read 20pt text farther than 5 feet from the Arlo.  Would render reading a license plate in the driveway impossible.  Is this to be expect of the Arlo system, or is it possible to get a sharper image?

1501795221114.jpgIMG_1017.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
szabi510
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, 

can you attach again?

Thank you

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The PRO is rez 720...it's also a wide angle lens at 130 degrees... a snapshot is only about 60k in size... can't compare to a phone camera pic

You just not going to read a license plate at 20 feet...this is not what the camera was designed to do...it is more of an activity style camera

Captureplate.JPG

...Above is a 1080 wide angle lens at about 30-40 feet zoomed in...even with that ( Q cam BTW ) it isn't going to happen.

They are activity cams , not ID cams ( id cams are tight angle, zoomed fixed on a small  FOV .. thats what would be needed )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------