Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro has stopped recording motion

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
NoraB
Aspirant
Aspirant
We have four cameras and all were working well and lately two of them have stopped recording period. I use modes and tried taking them off and adding again but it didn’t help. I have two side by side along the front of our house so I know it has missed dozens of recordings each day cause the one next to it has recorded. I saw another post that asked about seeing the running man- I. D.o.n.t see it on any so maybe I have a different model
4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The running man is on the web interface. The apps use a ball and 3 horizontal lines to denote motion detection. Either way, the motion icon should be black since gray means the camera is disarmed.

You may want to remove and resync the cameras to get them to work properly. Note the rules you have created for those cameras since you'll have to add them back into your modes.

NoraB
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks I will check this and resend if needed. Is there a way to ‘interfere’ with the cameras? Because our neighbor is extremely loopy and the two cameras that stopped recording are also the two cameras that face towards his property (unintentional - we were vandalized so we pointed them in order to see our front porch and back patio but can also see his front porch and patio ). And I would NOT put it past him to buy something to interfere with the cameras. (Within days of installing these cameras we caught him dumping his trash in our cans, a mattress and construction debris into our backyard so he isn’t happy about the cameras).
NoraB
Aspirant
Aspirant
Resync not resend. Sorry
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since the cameras use the 2.4GHz band WiFi, it's possible that your neighbor's WiFi could interfere. However, that's unlikely unless they're very close.