Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro going offline every other day.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
glmccready
Guide
Guide

My Arlo Pro keeps going offline about every other day.  I have to climb the ladder, open the battery department, remove the battery, replace it, and then it works fine again. Placed near eves to prevent it being stolen) I move the Arlo hub closer to the cam, so signal strength is now 3 instead of 2, but it made no difference. I have it integrated with Smartthings, and use Smarthings mode.  It also keep turning on Sound detection..over and over, and I have to turn it off over and over.  It has happened for the last week and half, and is very annoying.  Obviously, if I'm not home, this makes it worthless. 

Problem 2#: Tech support failure.  When I try to email tech support I get an error message. I've tried Chrome and IE browser, same result.

I also have two other cameras, Arlo (Version:H7), but have no problems with them.  The Pro is the only one I leave on all the time.  The other 2 Alro's I leave in standby mode, activcated by Smartthings.

Any ideas?

Thanks~!

arlo_suport1.JPGarlo_suport.JPG

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

For testing purposes, remove the cam from smart thing.

Make sure that's not causing the drop issue. ( and sound problem)

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
glmccready
Guide
Guide

Thanks! That was my next step!  I was just hoping someone had the same problem, with a solution. I'm 90% sure the Sound detection turing itself on is a ST problem, as I've seen similar posts here, and in ST support.

glmccready
Guide
Guide

Well I switched from "smartthings" mode to "armed", and it is still going off line.  So I guess it is back up the ladder, to open the battery case.  The problem now is....my neuromuscular disease is acting up...  Life is sure a challege somtimes.

The good news is Smartthings alerts still work, as does the Arlo recording when my smarthings motiom detector detects and tells it to record.  The only thing I can see as differnt is that viewing the recording inside the Smarthings App doesn;t work, but it was hit or miss anyway...shows 0 (zero) seconds recorded.  FYI: the ST App viewer shows as "beta" anyway, and is very quirky. So I just have to open up the Arlo App to view the recordings, but at least they are there!!

PS Hope my wife doesn't catch me on the ladder...lol!

glmccready
Guide
Guide

Tried to edit the above post...but couldn't... of course it doesn't save if it is "offline"...or register in Smarthtings.

glmccready
Guide
Guide

Put into Armed mode, instead of Smarthings, and it is still going offline, just about every other day.  Very frustrating, as my health took a downturn, and I can't go up the ladder (which has been in the garage for 2 weeks becasue of this). Had to get a friend to help me... 

Also: Set my one Arlo (original) to on, and it keeps turning itself off everyday.  What is with that?