Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro - found on new home, trying to reconnect

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Rajarlo123
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi There - we recently moved into a new home and found two Arlo Pros (what I believe are Arlo Pros based on pictures - I can’t figure out a way to 100% confirm) mounted in ideal positions - but the Smarthub is nowhere to be found. Our guess is the previous owner forgot to leave this behind. So my question is - should I buy a new smarthub to connect to these cameras, or would I need new cameras as well? What would that setup process look like? I tried to call into support but looks like since I don’t have a subscription, community support is the only avenue to seek help. Hoping some wise sages here can guide us! Thank you.
2 REPLIES 2
Rajarlo123
Aspirant
Aspirant
Oh, and - if someone can guide on how to confirm what model these are, and what model the SmartHub should be to purchase (if that is the only option), that would be great.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Rajarlo123 wrote:
Oh, and - if someone can guide on how to confirm what model these are, 

It would be nice if Arlo created a KB article that addressed this...

I am assuming that you have outdoor cameras (battery powered).

1. The first generation Arlo cameras had 4 CR123 batteries inside. 
  2. The newest cameras ("Essential") are sealed, and don't have user-replacable batteries.
  3. The others (Pro, Pro 2, Pro 3, Pro 4, Ultra, and Ultra 2) have removable lithium batteries.

Let us know which of these groups your cameras are in, and we can then narrow the list further.

@Rajarlo123 wrote:
 what model the SmartHub should be to purchase (if that is the only option), that would be great.

FWIW, some cameras (Pro 4 and Essential) don't need a smarthub.  

Another aspect here is whether the previous owner removed the cameras from their account.  If they didn't, that will get in the way your on-boarding them.  Do you have any way to contact them if that is needed?