Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro fails after 1 year warranty expires

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
DONCONARD
Aspirant
Aspirant

Here is my take on Arlo Pro Cameras DON'T BUY THEM!!!
Here are my reasons why: app doesn't load all the time,
website is always down or says you need updating,
And the BIGGEST come to find out just after 1 YEAR WARRANTY, EXPIRES -AND MY CAMERA FAILS and there is no repair support!
I even offered to pay to have it fixed and was told there a throw away CAMERA system!!
They do not repair anything they just throw them away! but if under warranty they will replace them with new ones!
SO BOTTOM LINE ALL THE MONEY YOU SPEND TO BUY THEM IS ONLY GOOD FOR 1 YEAR!!!!!

3 REPLIES 3
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi DONCONARD,

Could you elaborate more about what you mean with your Arlo camera failing?

DONCONARD
Aspirant
Aspirant
After talking to tech department about there cameras I was told that they only warranty there products for 1 year and there is no repair shop they simply send you a new one and throw the broken one away! So all there saying to me is after 1 year If any problem with there products threw them away. Cause you can’t get them fixed, if it’s a battery you can buy new one witch I found out is only good for 6 months!
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@DONCONARD wrote:
...if it’s a battery you can buy new one which I found out is only good for 6 months!

I don't know what the warranty is on the batteries, but the rechargable batteries certainly last a lot longer then 6 months.

@DONCONARD wrote:
 there is no repair shop they simply send you a new one 

That is true with a lot of electronics now.  Components often can't be easily replaced, and in many cases the labor costs of repair exceed the manufacturing cost of providing a new one.