Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Trigger78
Star
Star

When I schedule a Disarmed time period, the system becomes Disarmed but does not always return to Armed at the scheduled time. Per the attached screenshots, my system was scheduled to be armed all day today but has remained disarmed since yesterday, and there are no recordings. The Mode page in the iOS app (2.7.4) showed Disarmed while the web browser app showed Armed. I had to add a new Armed period to the schedule (even though it was already scheduled) in order to re-arm the system. I'm using an iPhone SE on iOS 12.1.4.

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

For the time being, use only the web browser.

Trigger78
Star
Star

Thanks for the suggestion, @jguerdat, but that's not a feasible workaround for my uses. When I need to disarm, it's usually because my kids and I have gone outside to play and I want to stop the incessant notifications and save on camera battery power for an hour or two. It would take too long to go inside, log into my computer, and log into the Arlo website. Hopefully Arlo will see and fix this issue soon -- they were very responsive regarding another app issue that I posted recently.

Anjos
Star
Star
I’m also having an issue with the schedule mode. As of midnight this morning, my system disarmed on its own. It should have been armed. Also, I have a camera slaved to another camera. It seems the video from the slaved camera is not showing up on the cloud library after the master camera is detecting motion. I have not had any issues with these two problems up to this point. So, what’s going on at Arlo’s end?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@Trigger78 wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion, @jguerdat, but that's not a feasible workaround for my uses. When I need to disarm, it's usually because my kids and I have gone outside to play and I want to stop the incessant notifications and save on camera battery power for an hour or two. It would take too long to go inside, log into my computer, and log into the Arlo website.

Sure it's feasible, just not in the way you present. Use a mobile browser and set it to use the desktop version of the site. Live view won't work due to the lack of Flash but changing modes or disabling cameras in Settings will work fine.

Trigger78
Star
Star

@jguerdat I can't get the desktop version to load in Chrome or Safari on my iPhone. After I log in, it shows a red bar and some meaningless words and characters in brackets with nothing else on the page.

In the meantime I've scheduled a Google Home routine to arm Arlo each evening, so at leaset I have a daily failsafe.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That's pretty odd. Have you rebooted the phone and reinstalled the latest app? Is the OS up to date?