Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Hoody17
Follower
Follower

Good afternoon,

So I just got the Arlo pro cameras and so far they seem pretty good except for some brightness issues.

Seems there is basically 5 brightness settings.. The brightness dot all the way to left I will call 1 and all the way to right 5.

I have 3 cameras and all do the same. At night I would have the setting set to 4 and I could see good enough, 5 to bright and 3 not enough.

During the day you can still see but it is to bright in most area with it being on 4 and 3 is alot better.

Is there anyway to get the setting where it is both good for day and night.  I don't want to worry about remembering to constantly change.

Below are some pictures with the how the cameras are set.

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

set to 4 nightset to 4 nightset to 3 nightset to 3 nightset to 4 dayset to 4 dayset to 3 dayset to 3 dayset to 3 dayset to 3 dayset to 4 dayset to 4 day

3 REPLIES 3
steve_t
Master Master
Master

I find 3 is the best. I think the problem for you is the position of the camera in relation to the wall. The right 1/3 of the image is lit up bright white and thus the rest of it is relatively dark. I'm sure moving your camera will give you a much better result at 3

ryanking
Guide
Guide
I was getting ready to suggest this as well. Schedule different settings day vs night.

Small upgrades like this would make the product much better.
chrisngrod
Apprentice
Apprentice

I was looking for the same type of time based brightness setting like you.

1st night of usage...  Fast forward to morning and the images were blown out naturally.