Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro cannot record on the cloud due to location and don't receive notifications by email

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
crobison
Aspirant
Aspirant

I purchased a Arlo Pro Camera Kit at Pricesmart here in Panama City, Republic of Panama, the model and version is VMB4000r3.  I recently found out that it cannot be linked to any cloud service for recording, because arlo does not provide that service in this area.  So basically I have it recording locally to a USB, but I cannot view it in the library, because the library function is only available to the cloud, but I don't understand how they cannot make a viewer to view the local videos, since the OS is setup with Linux.    The other issue is that the format it puts the camera recordings on the USB drives are the serial numbers and not the name given when you first set this up, which is a pain to look at the videos.    The other thing the email notifications for movement worked for a while and then stopped and haven't been able to get them to work again.   Not at all please with the purchase.. 

9 REPLIES 9
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can't get a SUBSCRIPTION in Panama but the cloud recordings should work fine since you're on the free plan. Something else must be going on if you're only getting local recordings. Use the Contact Support link at the bottom here since it may have something to do with your account.

crobison
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi I have a support case open, but they have not helped with the issues I am having.. 

crobison
Aspirant
Aspirant

I don't even think there is a free plan associated with my cameras, I just installed them last week..  Notifications don't work and the library does not show recording, but on the usbs the recordings are written.. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try removing everything in Settings, My Devices and start fresh. That should clear out weirdnesses.

crobison
Aspirant
Aspirant

What else besides removing the devices (Cameras) pushing the reset pin hole should I do?  I did this once and same thing happened..  The only thing I saw was when I was first installing the base it ask to update the firmware, which I did, but I haven't had that base work correctly, since the beginning..  and Arlo support doesn't even reply..   I think you said the Arlo system comes with a free storage on the cloud?  But since I am in panama, don't think that is available..  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Others in countries that can't get subscriptions have no issues with the free account so I can only guess as to what your issue is. It may be an ISP and/or country issue. Any chance you could temporarily take your base and a camera to someone else's house that uses a different ISP to see what happens?

KenAxel
Aspirant
Aspirant

Im having the exact same issue, I just purchased my camera a week ago, and since then everything seems to run fine with the cameras itself, but is not recording at all, and everytime I try to record or take a picture manually it says "The request for recording is invalid".

Im also in Panama City, purchased from the same seller. I just attempted today to record locally to my USB and yet it doesn't show anything on the library, but in fact noticed that some files were being saved into the usb under an Arlo folder. I havent really paid much attention to it, but im not receiving email notifications either, just on the mobile registered. I can sign using my email as the authentication method, and I get the code, but no notifications from the camera.

How is it supposed to work then? 

In addition when I go to "Suscriptions" it shows nothing and not really and option to purchase, upgrade or set it up in any way.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi KenAxel,

I would suggest to contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

KenAxel
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well it actually seems they heard our prayers. Since a few days I started to receive emails with video clips, and suddenly they were all available on the App library as well.!! So problem solved once for all!

I was just about to look for a new camera to replace and return those, the day I started receiving the notifications