Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro - can't change modes from phone or online

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
P3user
Tutor
Tutor

Just installed the Arlo Pro 2 camera system.  Was able to view modes on my phone with initial setup.  Was unable to change modes.  Always armed.  Reset and reconfigred several times.  It just gets worse not better.  Even when logged in online I cannot change modes.  Always armed.  Saw 15 pages of this issue dating back to May 2018.  Have a case ticket but that will most likely go unresolved as most of the post on the 15 pages.  I have tried chat and it never connects to an agent.  Call but on hold for 30 minutes and give up.  The only time I was able to connect to support was with someone who could only recommend a system reset and reconfigure.  OK how many times are you supposed to try that until you get lucky and it works for a week?  Several post on the 15 pages stated brief resolution.  

2 REPLIES 2
P3user
Tutor
Tutor

OK problem resolved.  Was instructed to remove and reload app.  That won't do it.  You have to remove each device first.  Reset you base station with a pin or paperclip.  Open the app and reconfigure/synch all devices.  Once that was done all my modes work.  Soon after installation it requested a firmware update on base stations and cemeras.  From others here that seems to be the start of the problem.  Mode selection goes away on your app.  Could not change mode online either.  All woking now.  

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The development team is currently investigating these reports. I will provide an update as soon as I know more.