Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Arlo Pro cameras swapped names with each other and they haven't moved ???

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
bamonier1
Aspirant
Aspirant

This evening I went to use live view for a second to repositon a camera really quick, and all of a sudden the names of the cameras swapped with each other. My cameras are named for where they are located...double doors, driveway, backyard east, etc. Now my double door and driveway cameras are reversed in name...and they didn't go anywhere! They aren't close together at all in proximity. Anyone else have this happen? I am completely stumped...the double door one is even screwed in.

Second problem is logging into this forum. My password no longer worked, so I did the recovery/I am not a robot thing. It kept telling my captcha response was invalid. So I tried the use your email and the s/n of a registered product and THAT didn't work either! I triple checked the s/n of the active camera I had in my hand and it was correct. So I had to go create a whole new email account and user account for this forum just to get in. I tried the captcha thing one more time on my actual account and it still tells me I am blind. How can I recover my real account?

All that said...I hope these 2 things are not related in a hacking sense. I am baffled. Help! Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
bamonier1
Aspirant
Aspirant

**I did log in and out of my phone app, and restarted phone. Also logged into myarlo on laptop...camera names are switched there, too.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Power cycle the base.

bamonier1
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you. Tried that and it still didn't switch back. Renamed them where they should be for sanity's sake.

Unless someone snuck into my yard while I was taking stuff out of the oven leaving all unarmed, got past my still cameras (checked them too!), unscrewed the double door camera and swapped it with the camera named driveway - something funky happened. Still baffled, lol.
silverado44
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
I had that happen to me once, one of my cameras is mounted on the outside wall of the house and I mounted a tv on the wall inside in our bedroom which is directly behind the outside camera everything was good until I turned on the wifi for the TV the found the camera switched names with one of my front of the house cameras , I turned off the wifi for the TV didn't need it anyway resync the cameras and haven't had a problem since so iam thinking the tv wifi signal interfered with the camera.