Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro cameras no longer available in HomeKit (using BaseStation Pro)

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
axeslinger989
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo Pro cameras *used* to appear in HomeKit but no longer. When I go to Device Settings and select my BaseStation Pro, I see an option for "HomeKit>Set up" but selecting that hangs on a screen that stalls on a "Discovering your device. Please wait." I can't go any further.

I am using iOS 16.11 but this problem has persisted since iOS 15. My Pro Base Station Three-LED VMB4000 serial number is 4R04797MA4531 and the Hardware code is VMB4000r3. It is running the latest firmware 1.20.2.1_4195_3673353

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
Dannybear
Master
Master

The arlo Base stations hold the HomeKit token that is used to verify the arlo Base station.

When a change occurs in the Base such as a factory reset, firmware update the token is no longer valid and hence the arlo HomeKit setup function fails.

This is an intended feature that requires you to contact arlo to have a new token installed on the base station, subscription is required to access arlo customer support.

axeslinger989
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank for the reply. How do I contact Arlo Support? I don't see an email address or a chat feature with a live person (just a 'bot). Thanks in advance!

axeslinger989
Aspirant
Aspirant

I see a number. I had to go the app to find it.