Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro cameras keep going offline.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Emmiet
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi I have the Arlo Pro 3 Camera set VMS4330. I have one camera by my front door which is right near the base station and that one is fine. I then have one on my side access and 1 out the back. My side access 1 has 2 lines of signal although my wifi strength is strong and the one in the back rarely has any signal and both these cameras are offline for the majority of the time. The furthest one is 60ft max from the base station so well within the 300 ft limit and I even have a wifi extender out the back to give extra wifi signal. HELP!!!!
I have reset the base station and disconnected and reconnected but still no luck.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. X
8 REPLIES 8
steve_t
Master Master
Master

The wifi extender may be causing interference between the base station and the camera

Emmiet
Aspirant
Aspirant

But if i take out the WIFI extender they won't work anyway as there will be no wifi signal.

Do you have any reccomendations of ways round this?

steve_t
Master Master
Master

The Arlo Pro camera ONLY communicates with the base station. You want to position the base station as central to all the cameras as you can get them. Sometimes this is using a wifi extender with an ethernet port out to give the base station internet access. The range extender does not work as an intermediary between the base station and the Arlo Pro cameras. It may be causing interference.

Emmiet
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Steve thanks for your reply i appreciate your response.

My problem is the wifi extender is in my garage for my gym stuff to link up to. If i remove the wifi sxtender i will have no wifi in my gym or garden.

I am hoping that swapping to virgin will help sort this out so i don't need the extenders but who knows.

Is there any other way round it other than removing the WIFI extender?

So frustrating, i bought this system expecting it to be the bees knees after all this money and so far i have been really quite dissapointed.

The Siren does not seem to come from the camer only the base station which is useless if someone is stealing something from my shed, the cameras keep going down, it takes about 5 mins to connect to live after pressing the buttons and thats even if the are connected 😞

Emma

steve_t
Master Master
Master

I think your situation sounds like you would benefit from buying a second base station and putting it in your garage with a wifi range extender supplying the ethernet connection. There's no limit to the number of base stations you can have on your account. I'm not sure where your issue specificly lies though

capretta
Aspirant
Aspirant
my camera keeps going off line,even though i have a green light on my internet signel
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Swap cameras around temporariloy to see if the issue is the camera or the location.

capretta
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you I will try that