Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro cameras, base and Arlo Q offline after power outage - (SOLVED)

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
cadweasel
Follower
Follower

Wanted to share my problem that I was able to solve despite reading everything I could find in the forums and online. Had a brief power outage in the morning but all seemed fine for a while, then a few hours later I was unable to live stream from any of my Arlo Pro cameras. I also have an Arlo Q and it was fine at first. Then I started to get an error message that all my cameras including the Arlo Q were offline. I checked my network, power cycled my modem, router and switches. Checked my settings in my router, nothing had changed. The strange thing was that the cameras were shown as offline but they were still triggered by motion (original setting) and they were still recording video, which I was able to review.

Removed all my Arlo Pro and Arlo Q cameras from my account and did a factory reset of my base station. Factory reset the Arlo Q as well. Tried adding the Arlo Q back in and got nowhere. Tried adding the Arlo Pro base station without any luck. Keep in mind I have been using the camera system for almost a year with no problems. The thought occurred to me that it might be my account itself. Logged out of my account on my phone, uninstalled the Arlo app and power cycled my phone. Added the app back in and signed in. Same issue, couldn't add any devices to my account.

When I had originally set up my account, I had my wife create her own account. I was sharing all the devices with her. I used her phone and ran the app to see if I could add the devices to her account and then share it with mine. It immediately recognized the base station and wanted to add it to her account. I closed her app and opened the app on my phone, then without a hitch, it saw the base station. I was able to add the base station and the cameras back one at a time, like you do when you first set up the system. I did the same thing with the Arlo Q and all my cameras are working again.

I did not see any suggestions to use another phone and account to try to detect the base station, so I wanted to share it with other Arlo users. The only conclusion I can make is that the problem must lie with the Arlo account itself and/or the Arlo Cloud.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Depending on the exact timing of your problem and attempts to resolve it, it's possible that the recent server issues reported in other threads here was the cause of the problem.  It could have been coincidental that you were able to resolve it as you posted - we'll never know.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Depending on the exact timing of your problem and attempts to resolve it, it's possible that the recent server issues reported in other threads here was the cause of the problem.  It could have been coincidental that you were able to resolve it as you posted - we'll never know.