Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro- camera went "offline" and does not respond

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
KP_purohit
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the Arlo Pro -4 camera system and worked perfectly for 1 month then one after another camera went "offline" and does not respond. Talked to Arlo customer service , already sent 3 replacement camera’s and they believe camera is corrupted and the system may be as well. So it is useless and they have no resolution. Terrible support service. They don’t have any record / log  every time have repeat whole story & they don’t have any solution rather copy pasting step’s . Total waste of money. Worst

Another issues Poor battery life and poor motion detection . 

Recording delay – there is a 1-2 second delay before the camera starts recording. This a big deal. If you miss half the approach, you are very likely to miss important information like a car’s license plate, an intruder’s face, etc. Then, once it triggers, it only records for 10 seconds. If it detects sufficient continuous movement, only then does it spin up a new 10s clip, leaving more gaps in your recording. Now look, I understand these are battery powered but I would rather charge these once a week and get great responsiveness than have them be mildly useful and have a battery that lasts months.

As per advise from suppot changed & tried all setiings to resolve detection issues still no luck , waiting for 4th set of replacement camera's .

Today got the advise that they cant find correct RMA number due to thier system migaration , i have to wait for another 1 month to get worst ever , outdated camera.

2 REPLIES 2
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

I can't speak to your cameras offline issue, haven't had that problem, but I will provide some information on how these cameras work.

These are battery powered cameras, which means when not in use they go to "sleep" to extend battery life. This is also a cloud based camera system. Because the cameras are "asleep" when not in use it takes a second for them to wake up, plus add in a second lag for the base to talk to the cloud and you get a 1-2 second delay. All battery powered, wireless, cloud based cameras work this way. The arlo pro 2 cameras have the ability, when plugged in, to record 3 seconds before a triggered event. Maybe you should have went with pro 2 cameras.

These cameras are not indentification type cameras. You will not get clear license plate numbers, or detailed faces from any distance. The lens angle is too wide for that. Cameras that can capture detailed license plate numbers and detailed facial features will cost much more than these cameras. (example: $300-400 for one camera)

You can set each camera to record up until motion stops or record up to 2 minutes fixed time. The 10 seconds is just the default. You can set it from 10 seconds to 2 minutes for a fixed recording time or set it to record until motion stops. If you have 10 minutes of continuous motion it'll record for 10 minutes,if you have 20 seconds, it'll do 20 seconds.. You can set your recording length time in your mode rules.

KP_purohit
Aspirant
Aspirant
Its detecting motion ... i tested many times by standing in front of camera , no motion detection at all . Camera capture motion its own random even without motion.