Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro camera quantity question

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
emm-arlo
Follower
Follower

I purchased an Arlo Pro kit containing 4 cameras and the basestation.  I purchased 2 additional Arlo Pro add-on cameras.

All firmware updates have been completed.

I have the Premeir Subcription.

All of the cameras will sync and can be viewed using both the iOS app or online with the Arlo website.  My issue is one specific camera keeps dropping off and I get an error stating this camera is offline.

I believe it to be one of two reasons.  Either there is a limit to how many cameras can be viewed on the website/app (limited to 5) or I am having a wifi strength issue reaching the camera?  The camera is outside the front door, however it is only about 25 feet from the basestation.

I have removed the camera, resyned and will monitor it from a closer location, but if anybody can shed some light that I am missing it would be great.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's not the account. Even with the free account, all cameras remain connected but only 5 can be active. Since you have the Premiere account, that's not the issue anyways.

Moving the camera is a great troubleshooting move. Another would be to simp!y swap 2 cameras and see if the issue followed the camera or position.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

emm-arlo,

Did moving or swapping the camera location resolve the issue? Please let us know if you are still having trouble.

JamesC