Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro camera quality became poor after adding two Arlo Pro 2 cameras

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
EdM-Arlo
Star
Star

Hi Please take a look at the attachment with this note.  This is an Arlo Pro camera attached to an Arlo Pro base.  I just added two Arlo Pro 2 cameras today.  After adding the two Arlo Pro 2 cameras the image quality from my original Arlo Pro camera became very poor.  Please see attachment.  Why is this?  And is there anything I can do to fix the image quality on the Arlo Pro camera while not hurting the image quality on the Arlo Pro 2 cameras?  Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The system will lower quality if data speed rates fall to low.

Also , it looks like the Pro is just on the edge of switching over to B/W... try turning off the TV and Monitor to see if the view gets any better ( or increase the lighting in room ) and/or lower lighting so it goes b/w

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
EdM-Arlo
Star
Star

You are EXACTLY RIGHT!!!  When the light level is lower and the camera works on infrared the image quality is far better.  It is also far better in bright light.  The image quality SUCKS when the camera is just between the two.  This is the Achilles Heel of the entire ARLO system.  This is the primary, number one thing that Arlo needs to work on.  They need to find a way to maintain the high quality video when the lighting conditions are just between visual and infrared.  It is not rocket science.  They just need toget off their butt and do it.  Do you have any influence on their developement team?  They really need to fix this ASAP.