Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro camera has 4 red lights on front and does not respond. VMC4300

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Czech1
Aspirant
Aspirant

This Arlo Pro camera (VMC4300) does not function at all. With the power cord plugged in the front of the camera has 4 red lights lit up but it does nothing else. With the battery installed it will occasionally display the 4 red lights but usually does nothing. I've tried cleaning the contacts on the camera and then using only the battery as its power source but the same 4 lights may or may not light up. Next, I've tried using the battery and power cable together but the 4 red lights are all this camera will do. I'm pretty sure this thing's time is up but maybe someone has a solution? Any ideas?  

2 REPLIES 2
Czech1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Here is a little more info that I thought might help: Again, with only the power cord plugged in, the 4 red lights on the camera are solid with two of the lights located at the top left and right of the camera and the other two are just a little lower than the camera lens, about midway down and on the left and right sides of the camera as well. With the battery installed it will occasionally display the 4 red lights but usually, it does nothing. I did the "Press and hold the Sync button for about 15 seconds" process multiple times with just the battery, with battery and power cable, and lastly with just the power cable, but nothing changed on the front, no blinking, no nothing, just the same 4 lights on constantly. Also, as a note, the base station does not see the camera at all anymore either. Anyway, it seems that all this camera is able to do is show the 4 glowing lights or nothing. Hopefully, someone has experienced this and has a solution. Any ideas are appreciated?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The 4 red lights are the IR LEDs used for night vision. Normally they wouldn't come on when first powering the camera - the single blue LED should. It sounds like a faulty camera - swap at the store.