Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Chapindad
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am new to the Arlo cameras.  I purchase a 3 pack from Costco this weekend.  Two of the Cameras came up fine and worked perfectly.  The 3rd one I had issues getting it to sync.  It seemed like it was not staying powered up, so I figured that the battery was dead.  I swapped some batteries around and bingo pesto it worked.  I was happy.  I started climbing the ladders and got them installed.  The next moring the camera was offline.  I thought it was because of a weak signal so I climbed up the ladder grabbed it and moved it close to the base and no go.  I plugged it up into the wall and "BAM" it started syncing with the base and came online.  I let it run for 24 hours and it was perfect.  I took it off the charger, climbed the ladder to move the mount, so that it would be closer to the base.  Put it up and evrything was good.  The next morning it was offline again.  I plugged into the charger and it told me that it had gone off line because of a drained battery but after 30 secs it should that the battery was at 98%.  I am slow but not stupid.  I had power were my old cameras were so I moved it to that spot, much bigger ladder, and plugged it up.  It has be almost 24 hours and it is rock solid.

I did contact support and they told me to delete it from the base and re-add.  I was planning on running them on power anyways.  I did the battery just because it was easy and I was excited to install my very expensive cameras.  But if you are having this issue, plug it in and see.  I have a feeling there is a major issue.   

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Don't live with workarounds for faulty hardware. Get it replaced by either swapping at the store or by using your open case with support.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Don't live with workarounds for faulty hardware. Get it replaced by either swapping at the store or by using your open case with support.

Chapindad
Aspirant
Aspirant

I agree but I have been burned by support and waisting my time so much over the years that it is hard to get up the energy to deal with it.  Even with this support case, the chat person told me that the issue was with my wifi router and I needed to change the channel it worked on.  I explained I had confused because I have a base station and the wifi was with it.  She immediately change the topic and told me I need to delete it and re-add it.  After 30 years in IT, my patience starts to wear thin with support.  Do not even get me started on the fruit company.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Understand. I retired from IT as a Unix/PC systems administrator and manager since either someone was going to kill me or I was going to kill them.

We can help with most everything here in the forums as long as it's not hardware. I generally suggest swapping at the store when possible to minimize the hassle.