Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro camera goes offline after 6 months

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
hinyan69
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have had this for 6months without any issues.One of the camera went offline last week, so i recharged it.  Its was ok for a few days but now the battery is low and went off line again. Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Swap cameras around to see if the issue stays with the camera or the location. If it's the camera, use your 1 year warranty to get it replaced.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Kinda sounds like something has changed in placement, whether your Arlo equipment or some other 2.4GHz device (not just limited to WiFi).  Swap cameras around to see if the issue is the location or the camera.  You can also try swapping batteries on the chance the battery has an issue.

silverado44
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Sounds to me your camera is loosing connection with the base with the battery running down quickly. Check the signal strength for that camera and did you move or block the base that could be interfering with the signal to that camera? I know wifi tv's will mess with the signal if there to close to the base or camera.
I know I had a problem once with one of our cameras as I hung a new wifi tv in our bedroom and the camera was on the outside of the house directly behind the TV that really messed up the camera ( interference ) dropping offline etc then I turned off the wifi for the TV didn't need it anyway and the camera returned to normal. hope this helps.
cannon1000
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue - mine stays connected for less than one month, though.  I have two others with no issues.

The only way I can get the camera to reconnect is plug it into wired power, wait a day and sync the camera while plugged in.  Any attempt to resync the camera on battery fails.  I get one long and two short orange LED's.  No blue sync LED.   THis is the 2nd camera with same problem.  Location is exact same location that my Arlo (non-Pro) cameras were for almost a year.    It is also the closest camera to the base.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Swap cameras around to see if the issue stays with the camera or the location. If it's the camera, use your 1 year warranty to get it replaced.

hinyan69
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thx will give it a try😊
hinyan69
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yep thats my next move. Thx