Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro camera for business drains battery every 72-84 hours

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
lola25
Follower
Follower

Hi,

I just bought this a week ago for my business and am finding that I have to charge the battery every 72-84 hours. It is quite annoying, is this normal? Is there anyway to make the Battery last 7-10 days as that is what I am looking for in a wireless cam?  Do you sell batteries that are longer lasting as I do not want to install an outdoor cam and have to take it down to charge every 3-4 days.

Thanks,

Lolas Filipino Kitchen

2 REPLIES 2
brh
Master
Master

@lola25

Arlo had an outdoor cable that allowed you to plug the power adapter into a wall socket which allowed you to either leave the battery in an keep it fully charged or take the battery out and run solely on AC power. Unfortunately, they recalled it for safety reaons and have not indicated when the replacement will be available. Secondly, the cables were often too short and would not reach from the power to the camera.

That being said, many of us have opted to use their new solar panels which work great. I don't know if that is an option for you or not.

Thirdly, these cameras were designed to only record on motion detection, which meant only recording for a few minutes a day. You did not say how you were using them. If possible only arm the cameras when necessary.

Brian

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It sounds like you're using this in a business environment which can be a busy place. Spec life of 4-6 months comes from 5 minutes or less of live viewing and recording total per day. How many minutes are you using?

There are no higher capacity batteries available so using AC power may be the solution.