Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro battery was down to 1%

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
JamminJ14
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo Pro battery was down to 1%, I plugged in to the charger for a day and a half and no % was gained. I opened a brand new battery bag and inserted that battery into the camera and the percentage was at 52%. I then plugged that battery in to charge and its percentage isn't increasing either. I've been having this system for about three years now and I've never had this problem. Can someone point me in the right direction. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

First, check the battery icon in the app or web client - it should have a lightning bolt through the battery if the charger is properly plugged in and working. If not, verify you have the proper charger which support both 5v and 9v outputs which the Pro camera requires for charging. If that's ok, try a different charger that also supports both voltages. Of course, it could also be a bad cable.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

First, check the battery icon in the app or web client - it should have a lightning bolt through the battery if the charger is properly plugged in and working. If not, verify you have the proper charger which support both 5v and 9v outputs which the Pro camera requires for charging. If that's ok, try a different charger that also supports both voltages. Of course, it could also be a bad cable.

JamminJ14
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your reply. I am using the Arlo charger that came with my product. I also have a lightning bolt through the battery when I plugged in to charge both batteries. When I get back to the battery, I will try a different charger and hopefully that works. 

quaydo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem. I have the lightning bolt green when charged. The strange thing was the % of the battery shows 80% on my Arlo app in the web browser but 15% on my iPhone with a red lightning bolt and warning to recharge. Not sure what to believe.  I hope JamminJ14 was able to advise or anyone. 

Thank you. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@quaydo wrote:

The strange thing was the % of the battery shows 80% on my Arlo app in the web browser but 15% on my iPhone with a red lightning bolt and warning to recharge. Not sure what to believe. 

Believe the app.  The browser has been giving stale status for some months now.

quaydo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you. I have tried charging with a spare battery that comes with the package and the issue is not resolved. I think it could be the camera itself. I removed the camera and re-add and synch with the base station. I could not have 2 bad batteries (?) Any suggestion to solve this issue is greatly appreciated. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@quaydo wrote:

Thank you. I have tried charging with a spare battery that comes with the package and the issue is not resolved. I think it could be the camera itself. 

That is possible.  If you have another camera, you could try swapping batteries with it, and seeing if the problem moves (or not).