Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro battery percentage not displaying

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Lamchops19
Aspirant
Aspirant

I recently added 3 Arlo pro cameras to my base station that already has 2 Arlo pro 2 cameras on it. The Arlo pro 2 cameras are displaying battery life percentages on the app, but it’s not showing the battery life for the Arlo pro  cameras. How can I fix this? I attached photos. 

0B7BA13C-BC23-4636-9825-D437CFBD738F.png

EB2FC658-DCEC-492E-8197-018BB220A495.jpeg

11 REPLIES 11
Dannybear
Master
Master

One issue is the pro cameras may need a firmware update, look under the camera settings/info to see what version and if an update it allowed.

Also have you tried reinstalling the app?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Lamchops19 wrote:

I recently added 3 Arlo pro cameras to my base station that already has 2 Arlo pro 2 cameras on it. The Arlo pro 2 cameras are displaying battery life percentages on the app, but it’s not showing the battery life for the Arlo pro  cameras. How can I fix this? 

Do you see the battery percentage when you turn the Pro camera on?

Lamchops19
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes I have uninstalled the app and reinstalled. I also removed all the pro cameras and reinstalled. I updated the firmware as well

Lamchops19
Aspirant
Aspirant

No, that is the issue I am asking about. The pro cameras are the only ones NOT showing battery percentage but the pro 2’s show battery percentages

Dannybear
Master
Master

Can you confirm that the problem cameras are the arlo pro series, the early arlo wire free cameras use four batteries.

Lamchops19
Aspirant
Aspirant

yes… I opened the camera and there is only one battery. It says pro 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Lamchops19 wrote:

No, that is the issue I am asking about. The pro cameras are the only ones NOT showing battery percentage but the pro 2’s show battery percentages

I was asking because your screenshot showed the Pro turned off.

Lamchops19
Aspirant
Aspirant

With the Pro on and off, it still doesn’t show the battery percentages and it doesn’t work unless it stays plugged in. With the pro 2 regardless if it is plugged in, on or off, it will show the battery percentages. I’m just trying to figure out how to get the pro to work showing the battery percentages 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Interesting because my two Pro cameras (no Pro 2s installed) show battery icons/levels with no problems. Which app are you using? Have you tried the web client?

BTW, you say the Pro doesn't work unless plugged in which would seem to be an issue with the battery connection. Have you cleaned all contacts?

Lamchops19
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the Arlo app on an iPhone. The customer service chat doesn’t work because I don’t have a service plan. I have cleaned the battery contacts and it still doesn’t work.

Dannybear
Master
Master

What charger are you using to power the camera? You need the Qualcomm QC with 9vdc to charge the pro camera 7.2v battery. The 5v adapters will only run the camera but does not charge it.

If you have the correct charger you may need to trigger the camera charge circuit,

https://kb.arlo.com/000052305/My-Arlo-Pro-or-Arlo-Pro-2-battery-is-dead-what-do-I-do 

You can also try removing and reinstalling the camera.