Arlo Pro battery no longer sold

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
jdolds59
Follower
Follower

One of our 4 Arlo Pro  batteries is no longer charging and I am aware that this legacy Arlo Camera is in the process of being EOL. Instead of trying to get a non Arlo Pro battery replacement, will the new version of Arlo Pro cameras work with 2 of the legacy Arlo Pro cameras?  I really do not want to buy 4 new cameras if I can get 2 and have them work with the legacy cameras. Not sure it matters but I do not have a subscription and no iCloud storage. 

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jdolds59 wrote:

will the new version of Arlo Pro cameras work with 2 of the legacy Arlo Pro cameras?

You can add Pro 4 or Pro 5s cameras to your existing system, since both can connect drirectly to your home wifi.

Pro 3 and Ultra cameras do need a hub.  Look for the VMBxxxx label on your current hub, and see if it is compatible by looking here:

@jdolds59 wrote:

Not sure it matters but I do not have a subscription 

It does matter.  Your current cameras do store to the Arlo cloud, and when you look at your recordings you are retrieving the recordings from the cloud.  Those cameras were sold with 7-day free cloud storage, so no subscription is needed. 

However, Arlo stopped offering free cloud storage 5 years ago, and all of the current cameras require an Arlo Secure  subscription for cloud storage.