Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro battery draining fast

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Don7019
Guide
Guide
Just recently the rechargeable batteries in my 4 Arlo Pro cameras are draining fast. I charge them to 100% and they need charged again in one week. It’s been cold lately (under freezing at night) but that is no different than last fall/winter and I didn’t have any issues then. I believe I’ve recently received a software update earlier this month. Which coincides with my battery life issues. Could software be problem?

Thanks

Don
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Don7019
Guide
Guide
THANK YOU!!!!! The placement of the base was the issue. We had cleaned and rearranged stuff for Thanksgiving company last week and the base was behind a picture and a lamp. I relocated it back to it’s original position this morning and battery longevity is back to normal. Thanks so much for your help!

Don

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

Only the app was updated recently. That does not affect camera batteries.

What base firmware do you have?

What camera firmware do you have?

How many minutes a day are you recording and/or live viewing on each camera?

Have you tried restarting the Arlo base?

There was a battery drain issue over the summer, but that was fixed with a firmware update to the base and cameras.

Don7019
Guide
Guide
Thanks for the reply. Base firmware is 1.12.0.0_27099. Camera firmware is 1.092.0.19_26228.

Recording minutes and live viewing time has not changed recently and it is not substantial. Yes, the base was restarted yesterday.

Thanks for insights!!!
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

Your firmware versions are current. It could be some type of new interference that's causing the cameras to lose conection to the base and constantly reconnect, which would drain the batteries.

Couple things to try, bring one camera right close to the base and leave it there for a bit and see if battery drain gets better or you could try swapping camera locations temporarily and see if things change.

Don7019
Guide
Guide
THANK YOU!!!!! The placement of the base was the issue. We had cleaned and rearranged stuff for Thanksgiving company last week and the base was behind a picture and a lamp. I relocated it back to it’s original position this morning and battery longevity is back to normal. Thanks so much for your help!

Don