Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro battery dies nightly

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
trippinbillies4
Aspirant
Aspirant

My fiance got me an Arlo Pro for Christmas and the battery life was so-so at first, but now dies within 12 hours of putting it outside.  I live in an apartment complex and it lasted about a week watching our front door, recording maybe 150 5-10 second events per day.  I have it set to optimize battery life. Temperatures have been in the 50s during the day and 20's-30's at night consistently, even when the battery lasted a week.

It is now to the point where it's less then a month old, and from a full charge it dies within 12 hours. I charged it fully yesterday afternoon with the supplied charger and cable, put it outside at 8pm, and got a notice at 6:31am that the battery is dead.  It recorded 61 10ish second events.  

Any ideas?

5 REPLIES 5
JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

It might be a temperature related problem. Test it inside your place and see if it can hold for a few days. 

trippinbillies4
Aspirant
Aspirant

Are the batteries really so bad that 30 degree overnight weather will kill a full charge?  This might be going back to the store if that's the case.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's very likely not temperature although it will have some effect. Remember that spec battery life is for 5 minutes or less of recording and live viewing per day. You're noticeably over that. Changing sensitivity and/or camera position to eliminate so many recordings would be the best fix.

trippinbillies4
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes but even at 5 minutes per day giving 3-6 months, doing 15 minutes per day should be about a month, yes? Not 12 hours??? And the camera was in the same position, same temperatures and lasted for over a week. Then the next two charges have been 12 hours or less.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I don't know how linear the discharge rate is with increasing usage but it may also be a bad camera or battery. Open a case with support here.