Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro base-station stopped connecting to internet

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
McareyNJ
Aspirant
Aspirant

My base station VMB 4000 worked fine for about 6 months, now it won’t connect to the internet. I have a green light for the power, no light for the internet & an amber light for the camera. I reset my router & base station numerous times, no luck. I removed all devices from my app, now it cannot find the base station. I bought another base station, same results. Any suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Obv if you have the same results on a second base, it's prob not the base itself.

Cable, setup, or router issues

Have you also REMOVED the base, done a factory reset and then tried to bring it back ?

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
McareyNJ
Aspirant
Aspirant

I replaced the cable from the base to the router. I have done factory resets on the base & on the Verizon Fios router. It won’t let me do a new setup because I never get the internet connection. As far as I know, nothing changed with the router. Everything else connected to it works fine. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can't do a new setup since you already are using an existing account. The lack of any light on the Internet LED means there's no connection to your router. All you can try is reboot the base and router, use a different cable and a different port on the router, If still no good, you can try a reset by removing all devices in Settings, My Devices, press the reset button on the base until the LEDs flash amber and see if the Inernet LED turns green. If so, claim the base using the Add Device button on the Devices tab and then sync the cameras. Otherwise, open a case with support here.