Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
KevinCanWait
Guide
Guide

Arlo Pro base station and 4 camera were connected and working. 

Then one day, the base station and cameras all said they were offline.

No event hppened that would have affected them. Tried to reset several times No luck. Followed other peoples suggestions to try to revive it. No luck.

Sick and tired of searching for answers every evening and wasting time trying to get the base station online. Tired of wasting my time trying to figure out if there is a miracle of a chance in the universe to contact soeone from support. 

Someone from the company needs to reply with simple, but thorough, and accurate instructions that solve the problem quickly and without trouble shooting questions. I see that a few thousand people here have had the same symptoms, but the solutions are draining. Need something simple. 

Great product...........when it works.

61 REPLIES 61
Alan2017
Aspirant
Aspirant
Iam experience the same issue too. All lights on the base station are green , but getting message of base station is offline on both phones app and web browser. I think something is wrong on the Arlo side. Can you guys check? This is supposed to be the security cameras that everyone counting on to monitor and protect their family and properties. Please fix this ASAP Arlo team..
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you read my previous response?

12mk21
Star
Star
Guys there is no need to do anything on your end when the issue is the Arlo server. You'll waste all your time and energy and won't resolve anything by rebooting, resetting , reconnecting the cameras. Don't listen to what some of the people say on this forum. Once the Arlo server comes back, everything will work again. Just be patient. There is nothing wrong with your hardware or internet connection at home.
BansheeRider
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hey guys! My Arlo pro station apparently is off line. Just started today. LED's look fine and no issues. My system still works, still records. I can view the videos in my library. I thought maybe this was an iOS 11 issue as I updated last night. But it appears many peple are having issues. This is occuring on my iphone, mac, and ipad. This is definately an issue with Netgear!

twobigjeeps
Initiate
Initiate
Would it be the Arlo servers if video is still recording and showing up in the library?
12mk21
Star
Star
Yes when their server overloads or running into resource problem. Some functions will not work. They can probably set which function as priority. So slowly some functions will trickle back faster than others
Alan2017
Aspirant
Aspirant
Is there a site where we can see whether there an outage happening which affecting the alro cameras functionality?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

We are currently investigating this issue. I will post an update as soon as I have more information.

JamesC

Squiddo
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hey guys,

Do you offer a status page so when you have service issues I won't burn .45 mins troubleshooting an issue that end up on your side? StatusIO or the like
mikeh1318
Aspirant
Aspirant
Having the exact same issues. Was there a firmware update that messed things up?
EP32k2
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have an Arlo Pro camera system and I lost connection to it. The base station power and camera LED's are green but the internet is off, no light indicator. Checked the connection to the router and it had no lights either. Swapped the Lan cable with a working one to a different port. Port on router shows a green light but led on base station still dead and no connection. I have already done the reset via pushing in the button for 10 seconds and power cycling.

What's going on with this? It was working fine for 3 months and now its a paper weight. Please advise nether.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
You have a 1 year warranty which you can use by opening a case with support.
Mwklvincent
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just installed Arlo base station with 3 cameras.  It worked fine for about 10 minutes with all three cameras functioning fine then all three cameras indicate the base station is off line.  All three lights on the base station are solid green.  Tried turning the base station off and back on but no luck.  Still have all three green lights but the system tells me the base station is off line.  This really sucks....no help from Netgear.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Log out and back in - that usually does it for me.  If not, have you verified that the batteries are good? Slow amber blinking of the camera means low battery.

Kutay
Aspirant
Aspirant

It happened exactly the same for me. But later I realized that it was not only Arlo base but also Philips Hue and ZyXEL PLA (wallplug range extender) didn't get ip too. I then started to check my router settings but couldn't find anything there. Then I was tryging to unplug and replug power sockets. After I unplugged ZyXWL PLA4231 compeletly , everything turned back to normal in a couple of seconds. Somehow I don't know may be after a power cycle or something else may ZyXEL PLA started to block some of the network traffic though it was not the router it self and it was onyl a node on my network.

Anyway now my base is online back.

Ladydubriz
Aspirant
Aspirant
Having the same problems but only about the last 2 weeks. Just installed the app Wink.....think this may be the solution. So far it's working fine.
FoustHouse2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello...I've been following this thread, as I've been having the issue, as well. I've tried the suggestions, but nothing has worked. It's been working fine until a recent power outage & 1 camera had discharged. Please review the images & advise as to what else could be done. This is very disheartening, to say the least. BTW, it's only 4 months old.

ArloProBaseOffline.JPGArloProCamerasOffline.JPGNotice that all the lights are litNotice that all the lights are litArloProBaseLabel.jpg

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's likely fastest to reset and start fresh. Remove all devices in Settings, My Devices. Use the Add Device button on the Devices tab to claim the base. Sync the cameras. If this works, I can't explain it but it beats smacking your head into a brick wall.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

FoustHouse2,

Did the suggestion above by jguerdat resolve the issue? Please let us know.

JamesC

FoustHouse2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi...as soon as I get the chance to try it, I'll let you know.

Thx!

tgoulart
Aspirant
Aspirant

I too am experiencing the Offline Base Station; this started 2 days ago.  I own the router and modem and confirm no changes have been made.  I power cycled both to take that potential issue off the table.  Throughout I have had 3 solid green lights on the Base Station.  I have also power cycled the unit 3 times, each resulting in what appears to be a norrmal reboot with the base ststaion successfully connecting to the network and 3 green lights).  The mobile app as well as the arlo.netgear.com both show the base station as offline.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

tgoulart,

Did you factory reset your base station at any point?

If so, you will need to reclaim the base on your Arlo account to restore functionality.

To do this, log in to your Arlo account and navigate to Settings > My Devices, select your base station and click "Remove Device"

After it's been removed, navigate back to the Devices page and click "Add Device", select base station and follow the on screen instructions.

JamesC

tgoulart
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you James.  Based on previous advice here I factory reset the base, recovered the base and added back all the cameras.  Everything appears operational at this point.

Dug64
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yep -- I am the next guy to have this problem.  Bought the 3 camera Arlo Pro system from Costo about 6 months ago and have absolutely raved about it ever since...  Until about a month ago.  Then -- the same nonsense all these other end users have had to deal with is the case.  Went through the FULL RESET PROCESS described on the support page (cycle power on router, base station, etc., take all devices off and then resync them...) 

RESULT?  Yeah!  This system is REALLY GREAT!  Found it offline this morning when I got up after doing that full reset, so cycled power at 5 am this morning Eastern Standard time.  One camera capture at 5:52 am, and then OFFLINE by 6 am -- YAY!!!!! I GOT A WHOLE ONE HOUR OF ONLINE TIME!  ARLO and NETGEAR YOU HAVE REALLY GOT IT GOING ON!  Or not... so... much...

Now -- how do I submit this mysterious thing called a service ticket (which I have absolutely NO CONFIDENCE YOU WILL EVER RESPOND TO IT...).  Please do prove my assumptions wrong, so I can go back to raving about what I once thought to be a great product, but now am considering a landfill item.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Dug64,

What is the LED behavior on your base station when you see the offline error message?

If you would like to contact support and open a ticket, take a look at the support options here: Arlo Support Team

JamesC